The Ferrari Classiche department in Maranello has produced another masterpiece. It has sympathetically restored a Ferrari 212 Export CoupÃ© Vignale to its former splendour. The car has an unusual history. It was built in April 1951, then in May, it was sold to Antonio Mambretti Sozogni Juva and a month later it was sold to the company of the Duke Cesare d'Acquarone.
In fact, it was the Duke of Acquarone, who at the end of 1951, opted for a radical change of bodywork. The car, which was originally a hardtop, was transformed into a convertible or "Barchetta" by Vignale. In 1957 it changed hands again, bought by an enthusiast from Padua, whose son sold the car to a Brazilian collector years later.
The car has undergone a total ground-up rebuild, restored to the way it was come the end of 1951.